How should Christians think about gender roles? Are they a consequence of the fall or are they part of the created order? In today’s Bible study, Wes McAdams and Travis Pauley continue their discussion about gender roles.
As we read in the first episode, this Bible study was prompted by a question from one of our listeners. In addition to her primary question, she also asked four follow-up questions. This study will focus primarily on these questions:
- Why does it seem like the burden of the sin was placed on Adam even though both sinned?
- Does this send a message that women are more vulnerable to sin or spiritually “weak” and need men to guide them into spiritual maturity?
- Is a consequence of the Fall men lording their authority over women? Was not the original plan for both men and women to subdue the earth together, with shared responsibility?
- In the marriage relationship, is responsibility not shared? Or do men have a greater responsibility when it comes to being spiritual?
We hope you enjoy this Bible study.
Links and Resources:
- Podcast: Gender and the Fall (Part One)
- Video: Watch This Episode on YouTube
- Read: Transcript Not Yet Available